First take a bunch of yarn and cut it up into bits. I'd have done smaller bits, but it's been a bit difficult because of that ->
I've no idea what I did, but I woke up one morning in pain. After realizing it wasn't just a simple strain and it wasn't getting better by itself, the x-rays showed a fractured wrist bone and landed me in a splint for at least 2 - 3 weeks. This is after several weeks of babying it, and being relatively unproductive, so I'm not too happy about this. Not at all! It is interfering with all sorts of activities.
So back to spinning. Take a bunch of yarn and cut it up into bits. I used leftover blended colours from Master Spinner level 2. I used 3 different scraps and cut them into bits. I found a bit of leftover Icelandic fibre from a previous project.
I started carding the Icelandic and once the fibres were blended and aligned, I put some of the chopped up pieces on the carder and continued carding, finally forming a rolag with the chopped up bits integrated into the fibres.
Then I spun the rolags, using a long draw. Mainly the chopped up bits are securely spun into the singles. But every once in a while, one of the bits gets flicked off the fibre. It creates a fun yarn with a very simple technique. It was also quite fun to spin.