Pages

September 08, 2022

What's happening these days?

The socks with the really yummy yarn are coming a long.   It's a waste to do them in plain stockinette stitch, but they are so soft and thin, I'm not unhappy with them.   I did the eye of partridge heel.   It doesn't fit my skinny heel as nicely as the regular old slip stitch heel, and it's fussy.   I won't be doing that heel for my own socks again.  It is pretty though, so it has that going for it.

I love the whole process with this yarn.  It has a lovely twist.  It isn't splitty.  It's soft and lovely to handle.    I love the colour.   It comes in a whole range of colours and varigated colours, which weren't in the little shop where I found this.   They had a very small selection of the Holst Garn Highland.

The tomatoes are ripening well this summer.    I've been canning them, one batch at a time.   I may not
have to do my 2 day canning marathon this year, with purchased tomatoes because every couple of days I get a canner load full and am done.   This is an enjoyable way to do it.    I've only had one jar not seal properly and it ended up on some mac and cheese (real, not boxed) for supper and was really good.

 The yellow tomatoes are a variety called Yellow Boy ( I think).    They are really delicious and work nicely in a sandwich.   My son in law has a basement set up for starting his tomato plants so I happily benefit from his generosity, when he passes some my way.  

This scarf is on the loom right now.   I pretty sure I don't like it.   The yarn weaves nicely although it's an acrylic that has a soft but a bit plasticy feel too it.    When I bought it, the store lights showed the orange as a bit more softer and toned down and not this bright pumpkin orange.   I'll weave it off as it's a fairly quick weave since the yarn isn't sticky.   I'm really not a huge fan of orange though, at least in broad stripes like that.

On top of this bright orange fiasco, I needed a tape measure quickly, so borrowed the one from this scarf.   Then I shoved it into a project bag with the socks when I was volunteering and needed some handwork.  I forgot to put it back on the loom before I started weaving again.   I didn't notice that until I had advanced the loom several times.  Now I have no idea how fabric I've woven, or how long the scarf is.

No comments:

Post a Comment