Pages

September 25, 2026

Interesting things over the past few weeks

This is the chair I currently have at my loom.   Unfortunately my loom is near picture windows, and gets sun on nice days.   The cats have decided it's more important to nap in the sunspots than let me weave.   I can't say that I blame them.  Once, a number of years ago, when Cat was still with us, he was resting in a huge sunspot.  I was not feeling well, achy and snuffling.  I lay down beside him, in that sun and oh my goodness, it felt so nice!
 So I've let them have their time in the sun.  Soon enough, we'll have snow clouds, or those pale skies with less effective sun spots.   Of course, as soon as we start up the wood stove, Dion will be right in front of it toasting himself.


One of my friends from the Rug Hooking guild also works at her local museum.   She gave me two old cookbooks that the museum acquisitions team decided didn't have any relevance to their local area.  It was a lovely thought and an amazing gift since one of the books is an 1898 copy of The New Galt Cookbook.  It's one of the earlier revised editions since it still have the names of the contributors attached to the recipes.  I was thrilled.

I was out of general occasion cards, so I painted up a few of these for thank you cards.  It was fast and I think quite effective.  I like them a lot.



I was a tad late locking up the chooks the other night and when I came out of the barn, this amazing sunset made it seem like the sky was on fire.  The photo doesn't do it justice.   These moments never last long, and I felt quite lucky to get to see this one.



The fall asters are just starting to fade.  Usually they bloom with the Goldenrod, but this year most of them seem to be blooming as the goldenrod is fading.   They are one of my favourite wild flowers.  I love the colour and I love that they bloom so late in the season when most of the other flowers have faded.



Other than that, the huge storm a couple of weeks ago left a path of downed trees and other damage.   Earlier in the year hubby asked the "tree guy", a local service for a load of wood and said he'd like a couple more.  He dropped off one a few days ago, them dropped one off yesterday  without telling us he was coming and them today I looked up and he's dropping off another load.   Hubby doesn't mind, but there is currently a lot of it out there!   I've been told that most of it's in an easy to process size, so there is that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment