I started a new pair of socks. The colourway is nice enough, though I'm not sure about the pastel greeny blue colour. If I were dyeing it, I'd have likely used purple there. The last pair of 3/1 ribbed socks I made with 64 stitches, turned out a tad looser than I like, so I made these with only 60 stitches. Of course they are a tad tight. I 've had to redo the toe 3 times already, so this one better work. I could have left the last one as it was a fitting issue. However then the socks would have fitted my daughter, rather than myself.
|Cotton seedlings are on top with the large, round leaves.|
I'd planted Wild Indigo, but nothing has germinated. Some Weld has germinated, but I don't know whether it was purchased seed or donated seed as I planted both. Woad, both regular and Chinese are growing and Dyer's Knotweed seed has come up although somewhat unevenly. The Purple Calabash and Black Cherry tomato seeds did nothing, but the Black Krim, Red Robin and Orange Sun Salad toms are doing well. I'm a bit disappointed in the germination of the peppers as only 3 hot chili peppers germinated out of 9 pots and only 7 of the mixed colour sweet bell peppers. Coreopsis, some herbs and some buttercrunch lettuces are doing well. It's still too early to plant the cukes, pumpkins and zuchinnis. Anything else I need, I'll buy. I planned that in this year as the allure of garden centres is always too much for me to ignore.