Finally! Those darned striped socks I started in the spring are done. They seemed to take forever, mainly because I set them aside and kept ignoring them. However I found a bag with 4 skeins of sock yarn, hiding in my bedroom and decided that they should get off the needles to make way for a new pair. I have to find a better way to photograph the socks as I hate the way setting them like this makes one sock look larger than the other!
Samples, samples , samples. I've been spinning lots of small bits of yarn, practicing drafting techniques. My whole house is now covered with sample yarns of different grists, tpi and wpi. They are piled on the loom bench, on any flat surface, hanging from the loom and drying rack. They are everywhere! None yet for my homework and I've no idea what I'll use these small bits and pieces for. At least they are getting closer to what I'm aiming for, even if I'm not there yet.