The winding of the warp has begun! I've all the Z twist wound and the reed sleyed. The S twist is taking it's turn on the warping board and when it's all wound, I'll sley it in the spaces. I recalculated my set so am going with 24 rather than 21. This means using more warp threads but I think the effect will be worth it. It's easier to sley at anyrate, especially using two different threads that you can't tell apart!
I will definitely need to card more batts and start spinning more weft or I'll have a dressed loom and nothing to weave with.
I took sewing break. I'd found a pattern which I though would look good in handwoven yardage but decided to do a sample up first using polar fleece and use it as a mucking around jacket. It took me a while to find the polar fleece. The one fabric store prices were way more than I really wanted to pay and they only had kids prints. The other had several acceptable prints but nothing suitable to line it with, in that I wanted to line it with fleece as well. After hunting around the second store, I found that they indeed did have something I could use, but the store is new and laid out in an interesting but somewhat non-intuitive way. In the end, I got sherpa fleece - almost a fake fur sheepskin for the lining. Much heavier than I first wanted but it looked nice with the plaid. The jacket was easy to sew up. Next time I'd make the sleeves shorter. Matching the plaid took an extra 1/2 yard but was easy to do and sure makes a difference. It still needs buttons and button holes. I'm sure glad that I took the store clerks advice on getting a size smaller than I had chosen. The amount of design ease is quite large. If I had made it with high end, expensive drapey fabrics, it would have been fine, but as it is, it's a boxy jacket which should be just dandy for the winter.