The past few days have been busy...
On the treadle sewing machine - 7 tablecloths, pieced and hemmed. The fabric came from long, narrow tablecloths. The owner gave them to me to change over to sizes correct for the tables at our Canton's next SCA event. There was enough of the blue for 6 and I'm turning the brown into another 2, each slightly larger tablecloths. Because they are rectangular, they'll work for both round and rectangular tables and 8 should be plenty for any contingency.
100 grams of Clun Forest rovings, spun semi-woolen. I put them on the rug to photograph them and the cat decided he had to investigate. He then took a nap on the skeins!
I've almost finished the wide purple stripey socks. I've had enough of ribbed socks for a while and will do a different pattern for the next pair. I still need to graft the toe together. I'm not fond of that process, although it doesn't take long. It's fussy to do neatly. I'm happy these are done. They've been the least enjoyable socks I've made. Not only did I not enjoy the colourway, but the yarn wasn't my favourite to work with. Interestingly, the large purple stripe managed to fall in almost the same spot by totally accident. I had a partial skein left from the first sock, so use it to start the second sock, rather than switching to a new ball. Despite the second ball being wound opposite to the first, so the stripe order was reversed, and randomly starting the new ball in the middle of the 2nd sock, the purple stripe in almost the exact same place on the foot, off only by a row or two. Bizarre.... At least the socks are comfortable, if that's any consolation for having ugly socks! I do love the blues and greens though.. so it's not all bad.
Nope, the garlic isn't planted yet... it's been raining here the past few days. Instead of doing yard work, I'm off to make cookies..