Pages

March 05, 2019

More Double Weave.

 I'm making another double weave blanket.  Not only did I really enjoy making the last one, but I decided I want to learn more about double weave.   Working on making double wide fabric competently is my next step.   Another blanket is the project because a) I have the materials on hand and b) I've hardly gotten to use the blanket I just made.   It seems it is currently a favourite cuddle spot.

I'm sure that once the latest stupid cold weather passes, the cats' interest will also pass, but then I won't need it either!
Dion uses the blnaket the most.  I find him on it at least once a day, usually more often.





Mu, or Cat as we call him because for a long time he was our only cat, also loves this blanket.  He's old though, about 16 and too skinny, so it probably keeps him warm.
Dion again.   One day I found 3 cats curled up on this blanket.  It is certifiably kitty approved.

 The new blanket is planned to be 26 in wide on the loom.  It is 2 colours, with 2 in. alternating blocks in a checky pattern.   If I'm going to learn about the weave structure, I thought it was good to do a pattern requiring  a little more effort than the first one.     The yarn is wool I had on hand, purchased for another project which never made it up in the project queue.  I'm using the same threading as last time, although I didn't tie this project on as it's planned to be wider than the first blanket.

1 comment:

  1. I think cats have a built-in 6th sense for good quality fabric and wool:) our tomcat prefers pure wool, the softer the better. his favourite is my shoulder warmer, of course - half silk, half cashmere, only the best will do for the king of the house:) he was very upset when I exchanged a woolly piece of old blanket with easier washable polyfleece - and stopped using the box promptly! only when the blanket was back would he use the box for sleeping in the shed again. though it wasn't all that cold at night. maybe he would have relented and used the box if it had been freezing?:)
    anyway, it's a good thing that you're going to make a second blanket - your poor cats surely would freeze without the first one:)

    ReplyDelete