Pages

May 17, 2010

A day of mixed emotions..

Today was a busy day. I did the chicken chores, then fussed in the garden for most of the day. I set the seedlings outside so that they'd get sun and catch some of the breeze. It's supposed to help the stems become stronger and also hardens them off, so they transplant more easily. When I was putting the first tray of seedlings back, I had this odd sensation that I was being watched. I was alone in the greenhouse, so just ignored the feeling. I still felt it when I put the second tray back. When I put the third tray back into place, a bit of movement caught my eye! Look what I found on the shelf in the greenhouse! I think this little guy is the snake that lives underneath the greenhouse, that I've seen sunning himself on the cement slab in front. I don't mind him hanging out on the ground. I'm not so thrilled he's decided to move into MY play space!
That being said, I was quite happy to get an award from Leigh. It sort of took away a bit of the shudder aspect of finding that snake.


This award comes with a bunch of questions...

1- What would your perfect day consist of?

I'll have to admit to not being able to pick a perfect day. I mean if every perfect day were the same, they'd be boring and not so perfect. Perfect days are when things just come together. Yesterday was a perfect day when a bunch of friends pooled our strengths and efforts to put in an Anglo-Saxon garden at the longhall. There are perfect days and perfect moments, scattered about. Sometimes they are days alone and sometimes with family or friends. Sometimes they're busy and other times quiet. They just happen..

2- How would you describe yourself if you were an item of clothing?

I sort of find this a rather odd question as I really haven't considered myself as a garment. Maybe handknit woolen socks? I really don't know. Obviously, while my imagination runs off on bizarre tangents, sometimes it just doesn't run far at all!

3- What hobbies are you currently working on?

I've got a pair of socks about ready to start knitting. I've been working on a new historical sewing project, a 1530's kirtle. Spinning - always there. I've been hoping to get a warp wound before Friday so I can do an Ikat project in an Indigo dyepot. I've finally learned to make cord on a lucet. I found my big bin of composition doll bodies and I found the box of finished heads. Someplace in there are two that match and will make a reproduction Bru doll. I've been itching to do another one for ages. Mainly though the past few weeks and the rest of this week will be spent on finishing up SCA event stuff for a weekend event which focuses on hands on skills and activities.

4- Walking in the woods in Wellies or Barefoot on the beach?

Woods in wellies... Not only am I a poor person to take to the beach as I hate sitting around doing nothing in the sun, but I hate going barefoot and when the sand dries on your feet... ugh..

5- Have you ever hugged or sang to a tree?

Nope.. I've talked to plants, chatted to a variety of animals including horses, dogs, cats, sheep and chickens. However, we did a Scout's Own under a gigantic, ancient tree, probably an oak or maple - it was winter and I couldn't tell - so we sang and did a bunch of spiritual stuff around it. Does that count?

6. Growing your own veggies or nipping to the supermarket.

You had to ask? I'd rather the experience of growing and picking my own. There is nothing quite the same.

7. Have you found anyone exciting in your family tree?

I've never explored my family tree, so no...

8. Slap up meal in a posh restaurant or fish ‘n’ chips from the wrapper?

My ideal restaurant experience is food that I wouldn't normally cook at home. That means it tends to be ethnic or specialty. Definitely not posh, 'cause I cringe at paying some enormous some of money for something we eat at home. Fish 'n chips from the wrapper though, I'd go out for.

9. Which element do you most resonate with, Earth, Wind, Fire or Water?

Water.


10. Do you believe in fairies?

Well, I can't really say yes or no.. You see as soon as you stop believing in something like that they disappear from your life and your possibilities. I think I'd rather believe in the possibilities of them then have none of that mythology and mystery in my life at all


Passing this on to....

Karen - a friend

Jody - an amazing knitter with lovely beasties







4 comments:

  1. It is so interesting to read folks's answers. I thought the garment question was rather odd as well. But just think, you now need to add genealogy to your list of hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the nice compliment :)
    I am so afraid of snakes...silly I know. I would get nervous having the little guy around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh- not sure I really need another hobby! hehehe

    Jody- It's the truth. You're knitting is perfect and beautiful. AS for the snake, I've been a lot more careful in the greenhouse.. just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me? You're tagging me? I'm honoured. :)

    I'll get right to work on it. :)

    ReplyDelete