It's off the loom. Weaving it took way longer than it should have. Between "real" life happening and dark gloomy skies it took a concerted effort to sit down and weave. For some reason, when it's miserable outside, I just find it difficult to get started weaving, despite 2 large picture windows cornering my loom. But it's off, it's wet finished and is out drying now. It's too cold outside to dry it outside, which would be my preference. I think I may want to full it up a little bit more, but will wait until it's dry to tell for certain.
The colour in the photo isn't accurate as it is more brown than grey now that it is washed and sitting in the sunshine. Normally I'd weave as far into the loom waste as I can go without skipping threads or distorting things. However by the time I got to the end of my required bit for weaving, the sizing was starting to wear off and a few threads snapped. I decided that I wasn't going to fight to get the last few inches out of the handspun. Instead, I would just weave to my planned length and be done with it.
Interestingly enough, with the projects like this I've done on the jack loom, it was difficult to keep the weft from packing in more densely than I wanted. With the Fanny, it's the total opposite. I have to be careful it's not to lightly beaten. Not better or worse, just different. Also, I had more than enough spun for the weft, perhaps because of the above. At any rate, I've left over Z and S singles. I'll probably just ply them together and stash them for some future project, along with the rest of the fleece.
Now, to find my hood pattern and get the final stages of the Saxon hood project started.
The next project will have some COLOUR! Lots and lots of colour! One of those colours will not be brownish-grey!