The linsey woolsey is off the loom. It's been wet finished and heavily pressed. It's an okay fabric and will make a decent apron. The reed marks didn't disappear which is a little disappointing. It makes the fabric look like it has more inconsistencies than it really does. It's a pretty fabric though and the stripes are fairly even.
I need to cut it up and sew up the apron to be able to tell if I'm really happy with it.
More proof of Kevin's loom antics. I caught him in the act, again. I'd meant to cover the warp before I went to bed, but forgot. This is how I found him in the morning. I've never seen him do this when there was a project on the loom before, so who knows why he chose this particular one, when it being well executed meant more to me than any of the others I've done since he "enriched" our lives. Silly cat!
We've pulled the spiles from the Maple trees and ended our syrup season. We might have gotten a few more boilings done, but it's a lot of work. The melting snow has flooded the fire pit, so boiling the sap down, is a wet, muddy and not such a nice experience. We've gotten 4 litres and a bit, so not too bad a haul for our first try. The syrup is pretty tasty and will likely last most of the year, depending on how much ends up in my daughter's pantry.
Maple syrup drizzled on oatmeal makes an awesome breakfast!
Gluten free chocolate angel food cake, with chocolate drizzle was today's way to use up excess eggs. It was pretty delicious, as well as pretty to look at. I just took my regular angle food cake recipe and substituted 1/4 cup cocoa for an equal amount of gluten free flour. Instead of lemon flavouring, I used vanilla, so it has a really interesting depth of flavour. This one was a huge success.