Friday, 4 April 2014
Pink - lots of pink
With the magenta acid dye, I did a Depth of Shade study including .05%, .1%, .5%, 1%, and 2.%, using a 1% stock solution.
I couldn't believe how long it took to dye this. I had two dye vats going and started at about 10 am. I finished up at 10.15 pm Phew, that was a long day. While it wasn't all spent at the dye pot, much of it was, keeping the temperatures from going too high or too low. The darker colours took much longer to exhaust.
A few weeks ago I was playing with my new wool hackle. Hubby made it for me as there were a couple of colour exercises in my homework. I was pretty certain I'd never, ever use a hackle again in my life, so instead of putting out the $ for a commercial one, he ran to the hardware store and for $26 he got supplies. It was -25 in the garage, but he persevered. It took him the better part of a week, but he presented me with a hackle to play with.
Yep, the hackle will be a fun tool for bits and pieces leftover from other projects and to just play with when miles of whatever I've been spinning just seems to need a fun break time.