Pages

September 12, 2007

Warp Weighted Loom



It's done! I cut the blue checky fabric off the loom this afternoon. Phew. I was in a bit of a rush as I'd ignored it all summer due to the lack of a brake which could be operated by myself alone and my husbands separated shoulder which prevented him from helping me. I was in a bit of a rush, as I'd been given 'til this weekend to get it finished and the loom out of the kitchen in order to facilitate the installation of a dishwasher.
I ended up adding extra sand to my weight bags which sped up the weaving by 2/3rds. However it was like lifting weights as now each time I moved the shed bar it was like slinging 20 lbs.
I ended up with about 4 yards of fabric. I've no idea what to do with it as it was just a sample to learn how to use the loom. It is awfully skinny fabric. Next time I'd do a wider project and not necessarily as long. It is in the washer right now getting a bit of a fulling and fingers are crossed that it is as nice after that as it was right off the loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment