I dressed the loom with the Kool-aid dyed warp using the Wall of Troy pattern from Margarite Davison's green book. It's a fairly striking pattern but still an easy pattern to both thread and weave. I'm done the first scarf and there is another left to weave. Progress has been interrupted by helping my son-in-law build garage doors, canning, teaching a socially distanced rug hooking class at the park, hydro issues which mean the whole electrical panel needs to be replaced and a scary and irritating trip to the car dealer for a simple service on my cute little car, where they made all the motions of masking and social distancing, except for the part where they actually did it.
The new hens have settled in nicely. It only took them a couple of days to fully integrate. After months of waiting for new birds, the feed store was able to get ready to lay hens delivered two weeks in a row. Yay, to him finding independent breeders to supply us with hens!
I found prune plums in the stores, although not at the market. They were wonderfully ripe and two containers came home with me. They make a wonderful jam or preserve. I didn't chop them up, so my jam has chunks of peel and fruit in it. Normally I chop the plum halves up a bit, and then the skins seem to just dissolve completely. Still, the jam this year is pretty awesome. It finished to a deep reddish purple colour, from the skins. It's so pretty.
I dragged out the blending board. I played with some colours of commercial corriedale. They're not quite felted and they look fine, but they were just not quite easy enough to pull off the rolags, so slightly compacted perhaps, from sitting in a drawer for however long it's been. Still it was fun to do.
Blogger has been switched over to the new version, which I didn't want to use whenver they first introduced it. I liked the old Blogger format and it was easy to use. Now I'm finding a new learning curve and having to figure out new glitches. It doesn't seem as easy to drop photos where I want them amongst a few other things I need to figure out. This means that my layouts and formatting may be a little off until I muddle through it all. I'm sure it will all come together at some point.