Pages

April 10, 2013

A couple of quick of projects

 I picked up this packet of Louet Northern Lights dyed fibre on a whim.  It's thin, like pencil roving and dyed with short runs of colour of varying lengths, from about an inch to 4 or 5 inches, with what seems to be a regular repeat to the patterning.    The colourway is called Cactus Flower and it's a a pretty blend of fuschia, dark blue and green.  It is easy to spin and the colours are soft and lovely.   They blend nicely when drafting but not totally, so the colours are still visible. I'm really happy with this, considering it was a purchase way out on a limb for me.   I can no longer find this colourway listed anywhere, so I've cancelled my notion of needing another packet of this.

The idea of pink socks drew me in.  Then I realized that they might need a bit of contrast to perk them up and make them interesting.  I noticed a colourwork mistake on the photo so I might have to do a bit of ripping and re-knitting.   They are a fun project, both to knit and to look at.  I love the idea of bright pink pirate socks hiding under my jeans! 

On a day like today, when the skies are dark and the rain is pouring down, a project like these socks makes me happy.


1 comment:

  1. that colourway is gorgeous - I'd probably have grabbed all the bags on offer:) what fibre is it, it looks too shiny for just wool? and I like to wear colourful socks myself, too - never mind that most of it is hidden under the socks - I know that they are there:) have fun with the skulls (? they look like skulls so far) with pink:)

    ReplyDelete