Pages

March 14, 2020

Pysanky Supplies Kudos

It's the time of year when I start writing Pysanky.  I may have started a couple of weeks early this year, but last year I felt rushed.   My daughter was running into the city, fairly close to the Ukrainian Store, so I had her pop in and pick me up some dyes.   They carry the traditional dyes, and a couple of brands which have a larger variety of modern colours.  This year though, they have a new brand of traditional colours.  I had my daughter pick up a few of the new traditional dyes to try them out.    The blue is quite intense, but the pink that I'd tried, took me 40 minutes, or maybe more to soak to get a quite pale colour.   I thought maybe there was an issue so I contacted the company.

I'll have to admit that the response from Ukrainian Eggcessories was amazing.  I messaged the company on the weekend and on Monday, they popped, not 1 replacement packet but 2 in the mail.    The difference was quite noticeable.  The top egg is dyed with the first packet of pink dye, which was called Cream Soda Pink - yum.   It took 40 minutes of soaking in the dye to get that colour.    The bottom egg is with a single packet of the replacement dye, again Cream Soda pink - yum.   This is after 5 minutes in the dye.  

(As an aside, Cream Soda is a pop/fizzy drink flavour, which in Canada and apparently no place else in the world, is dyed a lurid pink.  The rest of the world gets clear Cream Soda.)

I'm super impressed with the other colours I've tried, and the replacement packet of pink is a gorgeous colour.   I will have to say I'm sold on this company and next year, I intend to order my Pysanky supplies from Ukrainian Eggcessories.
With customer service like that, I think it's a no-brainer. 

However, this isn't a disparagement of my usual source of Pysanky supplies.  They have a nice supply, their service is good and I would highly recommend them to anyone going into the city.  However, having a reliable mail order supplier with great customer service, means I don't have to go to the city, or get someone else to do it for me.  That's definitely a win in my mind.

 I hung my laundry out the other day.  It was sunny and mild.  I love the first day I get to hand laundry.   The sheets smelled wonderful.  I love that spring, outdoor, sun-kissed, fresh air smell on the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment