Pages

June 23, 2020

I've been working on the hooked rug almost every day.  I had to revert back to using my hoop though, as the pvc frame keeps having issues.  Issues that crop up when I go to make a cup of tea or start dinner.  Issues like these ...  It seems to be a favourite hangout for Phil and Kevin.  It makes it difficult to accomplish anything when there is a cat under your hooking frame.


 We popped out to see where a local farm produce vendor had moved their stand.  It used to be one large one, but it's been moved into two locations with smaller stands.   On the way home we did an impromptu hike on one of the short trails we passed by.  The river was flowing nicely and so pretty.  This lovely wild rose shrub was in full bloom.    Someone and their kid or kids had painted rocks and left them around the trail.  It was fun to find them.  I loved that while some were painted with some skill, others were obviously painted by a younger child and they were put out as well.   That made me very happy.

The wool/cotton yardage is wet finished.  It ended up losing about an inch in width and about 10 inches in length.  I have 4.9 yards to work with.   It is still soft and drapey. 

I'm struggling to think of what to put on the loom next.   While I have a queue of project ideas, nothing is jumping out and screaming "weave me".  I'm thinking I should just close my eyes and point to a project, and get it started.  Then I worry it could languish on the loom all summer if it doesn't inspire me to weave.

The garden is doing well.   I bought straw to mulch the garden with and it turned out to be super seedy.  The last time I used seedy straw, I couldn't keep up with the darned wheat that was sprouting.   This time I've learned to strew a few flakes about and let the chooks go at it.  The sort through the straw, spread it out and eat all the seeds.  The bonus is that they have been pushing the straw into the places that I want it anyway.   It's keeping the weeds at bay and the soil fairly moist.  A friend said her garden was so dry that her hoe bounced off it yesterday.   Today's rain is very welcome.











No comments:

Post a Comment